Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hip Hop Is My Gateway Drug...

People seem to think that I just want to be a hip hop producer and being the next Timbaland, Dre, or Kanye is my goal. Your wrong. I just love music. Period. I want to branch off later on in life and do Alternative, Rock, Pop, R&B, Jazz, score movies and just make as much music as possible. But because of my age and what I'm into right now, hip hop is the best thing for me to start my music career off in. 

Hip Hop is my gateway drug, like weed. But I'm looking to get into the good stuff. The crack, and heroin. Lol...crazy analogy right???

So last night I'm having a conversation with this chick and she's telling me how I should have a "backup plan" in case music doesn't work for me. I just laughed. There is no other option, why would I waste my time chasing a career that I know I don't really wanna do for the rest of my life. I would rather give my all into what I'm happy doing and if it doesn't happen then at least when I die I can say I gave my all into what I really wanted to do and not look back wondering "What if..." That's the worse.

So back to what this chick was telling me, she's saying how at my age right now I should "have my shit together". Lol. But yet she's telling me how she's going to school to be a lawyer but she's pretty sure she's gonna quit once it gets too hard. The irony. But I'm the one that needs to get their shit together. Now I see what Hed be talking about.


Shout out to SS for getting that track to Shawty Redd for me!!!


Stay tuned...your watching history unfold

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

James Yorke:

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

Meetro said...

You saying I should have a plan B...??

Anonymous said...

I don't have a plan b but i also don't have any kids. When my Titanic sink I drown alone. Your Plan B is could be close to Plan A like A&R, engineer, and a manager or do like Jermaine Jackson and marry your bosses daughter.

bruta said...

hmm.. plan Bs. i hate 'em! i think they make you get too comfortable.. for kanye, his plan b was producing.. so i guess its how you use your plan b right?

as far as supporting someone.. id rather have a happy daddy than a depressed daddy :/ what so good about having a dad there, giving you what you need but sad as shit!? trust me, ive had depressed parents.. not cool

i mean, sure get a rinky dink job, put food on the table clothes on his back.. but BE HAPPY and PRESENT!

i had a convo recently w/some friends of mine about being a '3rd worlder'.. and the concept of being extremely poor and HAPPY as hell..this is lost once you move to the states.. its a fine line.. doing what you love/loving what you do.. eh