Friday, December 5, 2008

What happens to the homies after you blow up??


So I wake up this morning and hop on the internet and start browsing around. I come across a article on allhiphop.com talking about what happens when people get together in crews and one of the people makes it into the game. What happens to the rest of the crew??


Are they instantly put on and dont have to work anymore since they helped you get to where you are? What if they didnt actually contribute to your career at all and you were just homies? What is the obligation that the "star" has to his homies that he's known since back in the day, but didnt give a damn about the "dream"???


I wanna hear some of you guys thoughts on this topic and what you feel is the right thing to do...


As you think of this here's some classic music from 

2 friends from 10 yrs ago in hip hop....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The select few that can be counted on 1 hand get the memphis
bleek treatment minus putting on as a rapper (Or producer in this
case) ... Those are the ride or die gone out of their way to always
help me even if I dont ask for it ... My only rule and I always tell
them this is you gotta work ... If you don't work you still my boy
to death but you don't work you don't get paid plain and simple.

Meetro said...

I feel you man...If I had to work this hard to get to where I am today then they better work just as hard to keep their job, or the job that I help them get..